Carbon Copy Page, Post Duplication WordPress Plugin
[ See the officially released version of this plugin on WordPress.org ]
Are you ready to increase your productivity?
This free WordPress plugin will allow you to quickly and conveniently copy your pages, posts and even your custom post types. You can quickly copy, bulk copy and copy straight to new drafts.
Best Alternative to Yoast Duplicate Post
This WordPress plugin was based on the original Duplicate Post plugin by Enrico Battocchi before it was acquired by Yoast, now called Yoast Duplicate Post. Carbon Copy is now the best alternative to the Ad riddled Yoast Duplicate Post plugin. No annoying ads and greatly simplified for maximum productivity. But don’t take my word for it, I am biased.
Carbon Copy for WordPress
Donate link: https://endurtech.com/give-thanks/
Tags: duplicate, page, pages, post, posts, widget, widgets, menu, menus, custom post type, copy, clone, replicate
License: GPLv3 or later
License URI: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.html
Requires at least: 5.0
Tested up to: 5.8
Stable tag: 1.2.6
Copy pages, posts, menus, widgets and more quickly and conveniently.
Are you ready to increase your productivity? The Carbon Copy WordPress plugin will allow you to quickly and conveniently copy your pages, posts, menus, widgets and even your custom post types. You can quickly copy, bulk copy and copy straight to new drafts.
WordPress v5.8 introduces a new Block based widgets page which integrates the ability to duplicate widgets. Thus the widgets copy feature within Carbon Copy is no longer needed.
However, some may wish to revert their widgets page back to the traditional widgets. If so, Carbon Copy 1.2.6 now has an option permitting you to disable the new Block based widgets within WordPress v5.8 and restoring the traditional way in which you managed your widgets as well as copied them using the plugin.
Carbon Copy has many other useful settings to customize its behavior, restrict its use to certain roles or post types and will increase your productivity. For more information check out the plugin documentation on the plugin’s site.
Carbon Copy does not display any annoying ads or pop-ups and does not collect any information outside your WordPress installation. Carbon Copy is 100% GDPR compliant.
Find this free plugin useful? Please support my work on this plugin by sending me a tip using Brave or by sending me a one-time donation.
- Within Posts/Pages click the ‘Copy’ link below the post/page title. This quickly creates a new copy and returns you to the list.
- Within Posts/Pages click the ‘New Draft’ link below the post/page title. This creates a new copy and opens the editor so you can get to work.
- Within Posts/Pages select one or more items, then choose ‘Copy’ from the ‘Bulk Actions’ dropdown to copy them all at once as drafts.
- On any given Post/Page edit screen, click on ‘Copy to new draft’ above “Cancel”/”Move to trash” or in the admin bar.
- While viewing a post as a logged in user, you can click on ‘Copy to new draft’ from the admin bar.
- Developers can use a template tag, for use in your theme to clone your posts/pages from the front-end.
- Quickly and easily create a copy of any widget with a single click.
- NEW Option to disable the block editor from managing widgets in the Gutenberg plugin and from managing widgets.
- Copy and rename entire navigational menus using Appearance > Carbon Copy Menu.
- Toggle option to clean out the plugins’ database values upon deactivation.
Use the Add New Plugin feature within your WordPress site and search for “Carbon Copy” to install and activate it. You may also download the archive and:
- Upload ‘carbon-copy’ to your ‘/wp-content/plugins/’ directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu within WordPress
- Go to Settings -> Carbon Copy and customize the plugins options
- Tested against WordPress 6.2
- Tested against WordPress 6.1
- CSS Minification
- Tested against WordPress 6.0
- Tested against WordPress 5.9
- Tested against WordPress 5.8
- Renamed and titled the Menus Carbon Copier feature.
- Added ability to disable the new Block based widgets introduced in WordPress v5.8. This will revert your widgets page back to the traditional widgets in Appearance – Widgets and Customizer.
- Tested against WordPress 5.7
- Tested against WordPress 5.6
- New shortcuts added to Widget and Menu Copy options from Settings menu.
- Ability to set new menu names from Menu Copy page.
- NEW Menu copy feature introduced. Available under Appearance > Carbon Copy Menu. Working to integrate with main Menu page.
- Other code improvements
- Link text update, New Draft to just Draft
- Updated text within action list for ‘post_row_actions’
- Checks user permissions for bulk actions, function renamed
- Updated check for comment type
- Taxonomies blacklist check updated
- Added toggle option to copy and duplicate widgets
- Added toggle option to clean stored plugin database values upon deactivation
- Initial version on WP repository
- Tested against WordPress 5.5
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I use this plugin?
- Upon activation, visit the “Settings > Carbon Copy” section and adjust the options as needed.
- How do I copy a widget?
- To copy a widget visit the “Appearance > Widgets” section and click the ‘Copy’ link on the desired widget.
- I found this plugin helpful. How can I help?
- Happy to have helped! You may support my work and future improvements to this plugin by sending me a tip using your Brave browser or by sending me a one-time donation. If you have any ideas for improvements or want to contribute to the code you may get in touch with me.
I welcome your thoughts, questions or suggestions on my plugin Carbon Copy, a free Plugin for WordPress.
I hope my efforts on this WordPress plugin benefits you as much as it has benefited me. This plugin allows me to more easily duplicate various blog posts, pages and custom post types.
You may support my work by sending me a tip using your Brave browser or by sending me a one time donation using your credit card.
Let me know if you found any errors within my article or if I may further assist you by answering any additional questions you may have.
- This article was revised on May 16th, 2023 to update the Carbon Copy Page, Post Duplication WordPress Plugin graphics (finally).
- This article was revised on July 13th, 2021 to update the Carbon Copy Page, Post Duplication WordPress Plugin description.
- This article was first published on Aug. 7th, 2020 and was revised on Aug. 14th, 2020 to include the new Copy Widgets feature and various other improvements.
Can Carbon Copy be used to copy a page from one site to another? Does it work even if we are using a third party page builder such as Beaver Builder?
Happy to help Mel.
My free Carbon Copy WordPress plugin only duplicates pages/posts only from within the current site. To copy a page to another site you can use a number of other solutions such as the WordPress Export/Import feature or the All-in-One WP Migration plugin. Those types of tools will let you copy and entire site or just specific pages/posts to another site.
Carbon Copy has not been tested with Beaver Builder specifically but it has been with other page builders without issue. I would give it a try. Worse case you simply delete the copied page/post and try another free page/post clone plugin. However, I do know that Beaver Builder offers a page/post ‘template’ feature. This can serve as a way to get content from one page/post to another page/post with great ease. Just make sure to not make it a global template because changing one would change the other.
With all that said, you can create a staging site (of your existing site) for such testing and experimentation purposes if you hosting provider supplies one. I offer hosting services with such a feature making testing and upgrading simple.
Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions that I may be able to assist you with. Thank you Mel.