Where to Find the Check Disk Log
Checkdisk (CHKDSK) is great for checking on the current health of a hard drive but what if you want to see the results after the computer has rebooted?
This article will show you where to find the recent check disk logs on your computer.
How to Find the Windows CHKDSK Logs
You can locate the CHKDSK logs using the Windows Event Viewer app. Follow these steps to view your Check Disk results:
- Open the Windows Event Viewer app by clicking the Start button (Windows Logo) at the bottom left of your screen.
- Type “event” (there might not be an input field, just start typing and one will automagically appear) and open “Event Viewer” from the list.
- In the left pane, double click on “Windows Logs” to expand it.
- Right click on “Application” from the drop Windows Logs drop down and select “Find“.
- Type “wininit” in the “Find what:” input field and press Enter on your keyboard.
- In the middle pane click the Source/wininit line that is found.
- In the south pane, you will see the complete log for the latest Check Disk (CHKDSK).
I welcome your thoughts, questions or suggestions on my article on how to find where the Check Disk Logs are located.
You may support my work by sending me a tip using your Brave browser or by sending me a one time donation using your credit card.
Let me know if you found any errors within my article or if I may further assist you by answering any additional questions you may have.