The WordPress Security Team just announced a security and maintenance release for all versions of WordPress since 3.7
WordPress versions 4.9.4 and earlier were affected by three recently discovered security issues. In addition, twenty-five other bugs were fixed in this WordPress 4.9.5 release.
WordPress Security Release
Particularly of note were:
- The previous styles on caption shortcodes have been restored.
- Cropping on touch screen devices is now supported.
- A variety of strings such as error messages have been updated for better clarity.
- The position of an attachment placeholder during uploads has been fixed.
- Improved compatibility with PHP 7.2
As of this posting, all ENDURTECH clients whose websites are powered by WordPress have been updated to this latest release.
If this article was helpful please take a moment to like us on Facebook, share this on your social media or buy us a cup of coffee.